Coherent Tech is Hong Kong’s most exciting Insurtech firm with a market leading product comparison platform for independent distributors. We are building on this success with a pipeline of products and services focused on using digital tools to enhance the way that insurance is sold across Asia. The depth of our actuarial, technology and insurance business skills is unique within a start-up business, reflecting the opportunity we see to make a mark on the insurance industry and the size of our ambition.
70% of Hong Kong’s insurance brokers use Coherent because it provides unbiased product comparisons. This doesn’t happen by accident: our actuaries ensure that our comparisons and projections are fair, accurate and easy-to-use. The breadth and depth of our product knowledge is highly valuable to insurers’ product teams: we provide a product intelligence subscription service plus bespoke product related consulting services.
To keep growing we are hiring actuaries with top technical skills plus personal responsibility, creativity and flexibility. Our entrepreneurial outlook means working at Coherent is an empowering experience that makes us very special within Hong Kong’s insurance industry - no matter what the current stage of your career.
What you'll do
As our Senior Actuarial Manager, you will
- Be a key part of a consulting team focusing on project management and technical inputs on projects relating to product proposition and pricing, insurtech initiatives and data analytics.
- Support the production of Coherent’s Product IntelligenceReport, including the report content, technical review and handling requests from subscribers.
- Oversee the maintenance our core platform for intermediaries. With the help of a development team, you will coordinate and prioritise product updates, add new products to the platform, produce and follow-up on ideas for improving our content and user experience.
- Be the technical manager for actuarial and analytical models developed for consulting and in-house projects.
- Review actuarial work for consistency, reasonableness, comprehensiveness and meeting client needs.
- Maintain documentation for our core product, our Product IntelligenceReport, and various consulting products.
- Support audit, billing, and account management for consulting clients.
- Be a supervisor to other team members: overseeing prioritisation of workflow. You will also be a mentor to guide their career development.
- Support new business and marketing activities in the Hong Kong and other Asian markets.
- Support account management responsibility for a number of key Coherent insurer clients.
Who you are
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in Life and/or Health product development or pricing.
- Fellow of an accredited actuarial organisation preferred.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Proficiency in Cantonese and Mandarin is an advantage.
- Hands-on experience in one or more actuarial systems preferred.
- Start-up opportunities and culture within the industry that you know (and love…)
- Unique opportunity to join a business that has proven success and credibility whilst also primed for significant growth.
- Salary, performance pay and rapid career progression that comes with a fast-growing firm, including potential for equity on promotion toDirector level.
- Opportunity to develop soft (client) skills at a much faster and earlier stage in your career than is typical in insurance companies or mainstream consulting firms.
- Opportunity to develop a non-traditional actuarial career path, should you wish to do so.
- Great team dynamic with collaboration, energy and drive: for the right people there is no better place to work as a product actuary.