Coherent is Hong Kong’s most exciting Insurtech firm with a market leading product comparison platform for independent distributors. We are building on this success with a pipeline of products and services focused on using digital tools to enhance the way that insurance is sold across Asia. The depth of our actuarial, technology and insurance business skills is unique within a start-up business, reflecting the opportunity we see to make a mark on the insurance industry and the size of our ambition.
70% of Hong Kong’s insurance brokers use Coherent because it provides unbiased product comparisons. This doesn’t happen by accident: our actuaries ensure that our comparisons and projections are fair, accurate and easy-to-use. The breadth and depth of our product knowledge is highly valuable to insurers’ product teams: we provide a product intelligence subscription service plus bespoke product related consulting services.
To keep growing we are hiring actuaries with top technical skills plus personal responsibility, creativity and flexibility. Our entrepreneurial outlook means working at Coherent is an empowering experience that makes us very special within Hong Kong’s insurance industry - no matter what the current stage of your career.
What you'll do
As our Actuarial Director, you will:
- Be the lead consultant for consulting assignments focusing on product proposition and pricing, insurtech initiatives and data analytics.
- Take responsibility for production of Coherent’s Product Intelligence Report, including content, delivery, and account management of key subscribers. We see the current version of our Intelligence services as being at an early stage of development and you will have the opportunity to build this business to meet subscribers’ growing needs.
- Work with our development team on the continued development of our core platform for intermediaries: identifying and developing opportunities from new trends in the Hong Kong market, emerging regulatory and market trends for independent distribution and potential new markets.
- Become the Subject Matter Expert for Product across all of Coherent’s current and future business activities.
- Instigate and support new business and marketing activities(conference speaking; contribution to actuarial and insurance societies) in theHong Kong and other Asian markets.
- Take the lead account management responsibility for a number of key Coherent insurer clients.
Who you are
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in Life and/or Health product development or pricing, including having had some responsibility for product strategy in Hong Kong.
- Fellow of an accredited actuarial organisation.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Proficiency in Cantonese and Mandarin is an advantage.
- Hands-on experience in one or more actuarial systems preferred.
- Start-up opportunities and culture within the industry that you know (and love…)
- Unique opportunity to join a business that has proven success and credibility whilst also primed for significant growth.
- Salary, performance pay and equity after one year of success in the business.
- Opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way to the future direction and strategy of Coherent.
- Opportunity to develop a non-traditional actuarial career path, should you wish to do so.
- Great team dynamic with collaboration, energy and drive: for the right people there is no better place to work as a product actuary.