Coherent Tech is Hong Kong’s most exciting Insurtech firm with a market leading product comparison platform for independent distributors. We are building on this success with a pipeline of products and services focused on using digital tools to enhance the way that insurance is sold across Asia. The depth of our actuarial, technology and insurance business skills is unique within a start-up business, reflecting the opportunity we see to make a mark on the insurance industry and the size of our ambition.
70% of Hong Kong’s insurance brokers use Coherent because it provides unbiased product comparisons. This doesn’t happen by accident: our actuaries ensure that our comparisons and projections are fair, accurate and easy-to-use. The breadth and depth of our product knowledge is highly valuable to insurers’ product teams: we provide a product intelligence subscription service plus bespoke product related consulting services.
To keep growing we are hiring actuaries with top technical skills plus personal responsibility, creativity and flexibility. Our entrepreneurial outlook means working at Coherent is an empowering experience that makes us very special within Hong Kong’s insurance industry - no matter what the current stage of your career.
What you'll do
As our Actuarial Analyst, you will
- Be a key part of a consulting team focusing on technical inputs on projects relating to product proposition and pricing, insurtech initiatives and data analytics.
- Support the production of Coherent’s Product IntelligenceReport, including the report content, technical review and handling requests from subscribers.
- Support the maintenance our core platform for intermediaries. Tasks include product data updates, maintaining platform analytics and system upgrade UAT.
- Produce technical documentation for Coherent, ProductIntelligence Report, and for consulting solutions.
- Support senior consultants by attending client meetings and preparing reports and presentations.
- Continue to pursue your actuarial career qualification.
Who you are
- University graduate, major in Actuarial Science.
- Prior internship experience in the insurance industry preferred.
- Strong command of spoken and written English.
- Proficiency in Cantonese and Mandarin is an advantage.
- Programming skills a very big plus.
- Start-up opportunities and culture within the industry that you know (and love…)
- Unique opportunity to join a business that has proven success and credibility whilst also primed for significant growth.
- Competitive salary and full support with your actuarial exams.
- Opportunity to learn actuarial, IT and soft (client) skills at a much faster and earlier stage in your career than in typical in insurance companies or mainstream consulting firms.
- Great team dynamic with collaboration, energy and drive: for the right people there is no better place to work as an aspiring actuary.