We are looking for leading insurance business leaders who love the insurance industry but recognize new ways are needed to improve how things happen across the ecosystem.
You will want to work with like-minded peers to develop an outstanding group of businesses and will thrive in an environment where you can develop exceptional talent to achieve personal development success.
What we offer is a promise: No unnecessary governance, no politics and no bureaucracy – our culture and working spirit is real and authentic.
What you’ll do:
As a Director at Coherent you will:
- Build strong network relationships with client’s leadership teams and help translate client’s strategic objectives into executable opportunities across the Coherent product and advisory offering.
- Provide leadership for clients in defining and shaping a successful business performance improvement. You will influence and align Executive Management and Boards to get the most out of the opportunities and improvements they are seeking to undertake.
- Work with Coherent teams to create and produce ‘head-turning’ content and insights that will help Coherent stand out in terms of messaging and thought provocation in the insurance industry.
- Develop strategic relationships with leading vendors and organisations – you will use your network and relationships to help build our business potential and capability;
- Be responsible for managing the operations and resources of our Project Portfolio which can be defined by industry and product;
- Responsible for people management, project oversight, and sales enablement. Accountable for fulfilling business goals, meeting budgets, maintaining project/portfolio profitability while ensuring quality of project delivery and maintaining customer satisfaction;
- Develop strategies and plans to successfully implement operational policies and achieve portfolio performance in support of strategic objectives;
- Design solutions and appropriately price proposals to support the sales process. You are accountable for managing a significant and profitable revenue stream. You will typically manage multiple project/program managers and/or senior level individual contributors. May serve as advisor or project sponsor role for moderately complex engagements;
- Act with a ‘founders’ mentality’. Help us be a true disruptor and accelerate business growth and our brand. You will have genuine accountability for growth and our insights.
Experience level required
- At least 10+ years of work experience in a leading Professional Services firm with a focus on Financial Services and / or Insurance organisations – ideally regionally across Asia and / or global;
- 5+ years’ experience working within the AsiaPacific region operating at senior management level;
- Strong academic credentials with a bachelor’s degree from a top tier university – specific specialisation in business /technology / engineering related disciple will be highly desirable;
- Deep understanding of Insurance industry is required;
- Qualifications in Six Sigma, Professional Scrum Master, PMP qualified and Prince 2 will be highly desirable;
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency or knowledge of Cantonese and Mandarin Chinese will be highly desirable;
- Prior experience of delivering large projects is required;
- Proven ability to manage scope creep to reduce business and technical risk;
- Great interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to explain and discuss mathematical and technology/operational technicalities with colleagues and clients from other disciplines;
- You will have a proven track record in helping transform organisations either as an Executive or a Senior Tech/Consulting leader;
- In possession of extensive Insurance knowledge: from strategy, through customer, products, brand and marketing, technology, technical, analytical and regulatory domains;
- An effective team builder, able to rapidly establish and lead high-performing, multidisciplinary teams, drawn from acrossCoherent, our clients’ staff and third party organisations;
- Accomplished in building effective relationships with third-party delivery organisations and building professional networks that lead to commercial opportunities;
- A confident and impactful communicator, both written and verbal, able to clearly explain ideas to non-technical audiences, and business concepts and goals to technical audiences;
- A successful business development leader, able to successfully pursue new opportunities, and improve client relationship penetration.